If you’re on Spotify, you’ve probably noticed that they released a playlist earlier this month encompassing our top songs we’ve listened to this year. How nice of Spotify to conveniently put together all my favorite songs in one playlist, so I thought I’d share with you my top 16 songs of 2016.
- How Could I Not? – Tom Rosenthal
- Out Of The Woods – Ryan Adams
- West – Sleeping At Last
- For You To Be Here – Tom Rosenthal
- iT’s YoU – ZAYN
- If I Could Fly – One Direction
- Tear In My Heart – Twenty One Pilots
- Hold Back The River – James Bay
- You & I (Forever) – Jessie Ware
- Don’t Wait – Tom Rosenthal
- Wake Me – Bleachers
- Infinity – One Direction
- I’m Yours – Alessia Cara
- Breezeblocks – alt-J
- Love Like You – Eric Hutchinson
- The Whole of Your Heart – John the Ghost
It’s an interesting list with some unexpected songs. Their other algorithmic personalized playlists, like Discover Weekly, intrigues me and also kinda scares me. Could they really know me and what songs I would like just by the songs that I’ve listened to? Are we all just a bunch of algorithms and education guesses? I know I’m rambling. Anyways, I also actually quite enjoy reading the stats Spotify emails, but mainly I like looking at its infographic design.I could totally make them. I should make them, even if it’s just for me. There’s a lot of things I want to make and design but not enough time and motivation. But that’s another post for another day.
Have a listen to all my top songs of this year, if you’d like.
What’s your top songs of 2016? I genuinely would like to know.
Nonetheless, I hope your year sounded great.