Today is an extra special day. Why extra special? Well, June, today is the official first day of summer! The first day of summer! Ah yes, let’s sink that in for a moment. Summer and sun and all things hot (as said by Olaf).
I like summer. It would be kinda weird not to since I live in Hawaii, which is summer almost every day. But summer is when the sun shines extra brighter, the ocean is extra inviting, shave ice tastes extra delicious, and the days feel extra long but it’s not a bad thing.
So in lieu of it being the first day of summer, here’s a list of songs for them summer good vibes:
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Left Hand Free – Alt-J
- Why Do You Love Me – Adele
- Ride – Twenty One Pilots
- Love Me – The 1975
- New Romantics – Taylor Swift
- Crash – Usher
- Rollercoaster – Bleachers
- Electric Love – Borns
- History – One Direction
- Folding Chair – Regina Spektor
- Don’t Wait – Tom Rosenthal
- Golden – Travie McCoy featuring Sia
- Island in the Sun – Weezer
- Float On – Modest Mouse
- Summer Nights – Iration
Feel free to add as many songs as your summer heart desires June. I hope you have a great summer. (Gosh, that felt like writing a generic yearbook signage.) I’ll write to you soon.
Love and all the good things,